Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hypocrisy At It's Finest

Come one, come all! Welcome to the first post at WolseyWatch, the blog dedicated to exposing the hypocrisy, false information, and general Macintosh masturbation that's posted every week at the Mac fanboy site, GlennWolsey.com. The idea to start this blog came to me when I was reading some comments on one of the websites that had been hacked by the infamous Malcor. One commenter posted a theory that the hack on GlennWolsey.com was not a hack at all, but rather part of a PR campaign. Glenn himself posted a response, which stated his brand new "sponsored" laptop had not been purchased by MacHeist, but by the creator of this site. Let me now explain why this intrigued me.
I remember reading an interview Glenn had done where he commented on the types of advertisers and sponsorship he accepts.
"I don't try and trick people into reading anything, they read it because they enjoy it. I try to take on board a similar approach with my advertisers, only taking on "quality" advertisers my reader base will be interested in."

- Glenn Wolsey
Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something Glenn, but I don't see why your readers would be interested in one of the many Million Dollar Homepage knock-off sites. Your sponsor's site could possibly be the most useless site on the Internet. But maybe I've got it all wrong. Why don't you enlighten me?

- Wolsey Watcher

No comments: